Monday, January 28, 2013

Jensen Gomez’s Umpisa: A musician’s heart exposed

Jensen Gomez’s Umpisa: A musician’s heart exposed

For young singer-songwriter Jensen Gomez, the road towards his mainstream debut album Umpisa is a steady, uphill climb spanning five years. Umpisa, produced by Universal Records, includes 10 original songs plus a duet version of the title track featuring stage-TV-movie actress Tippy Dos Santos.

“Like any musician my age, I have experienced many difficulties. Luckily, amidst all the struggles, people have been supportive of me and my music. This made me pursue my passion,” expresses Jensen. “The release of this album summarizes everything I’ve been through in the past five years as a person, lover and musician.”

From being one of the most promising names in the independent music scene, Jensen was discovered by Universal Records and management group Orion Entertainment because of the album’s title track and single Umpisa.

“Umpisa is one special song for me because it is the first Filipino song I have written,” shares Jensen. “Luckily, the reception to the song has been overwhelming. I am excited to make people hear new versions of the song including a duet cut of the song.”

Umpisa was also picked to be the theme song of the movie MNL 143.

“Playing music is my vehicle to express my personal mishaps, experiences, stupidity,” says the young singer-songwriter. “I hope my music will make you feel that you are the only one who is experiencing stuff- heartbreaks, and heartaches. There is, after all, safety in numbers.”

“I am glad that people enjoy the music I do,” says Jensen. “I am humbled whenever I see them singing my songs. I am thankful that I get to do what I love to do the most – writing and performing my music.”

His songs and performances gained critical acclaims that he was invited to various music festivals, here and abroad. He has been featured in Fete dela Musique in Cebu, Original Music Society event in the National University of Singapore, and Pengasih event in Malaysia.

Jensen also performed for IamTV in Malaysia.

Umpisa will be launched this February 1, 8 p.m., Saguijo, Makati City. The launch will also feature performances from She’s Only Sixteen, Mayonnaise, Carlos Castano, young singer-actress Tippy Dos Santos (who performed a duet of Umpisa with Jensen in the album) and former Rivermaya vocalist Jason Fernandez.


Follow Jensen Gomez:

Website: www.jensengomez.com

Twitter and Instagram: @IAmJensenGomez

Facebook: www.facebook.com/jensengomezofficial

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/jensengomez


UMPISA Tracklist:

1. Not Even Close

2. Alone

3. Umpisa

4. Could Have Been

5. Just Vowels

6. Runaway

7. Subdued

8. Tulad Ng Dati

9. All I Want

10. Sisikat Ang Araw

Bonus Track

11. Umpisa (duet with Tippy Dos Santos)
Posted on by Bento and Beyond | No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment